Good Afternoon Lovelies,
Happy Weekend!! Today I’m so excited to finally be able to share some of my photos from my trip to Vegas. Anytime is a great time to head to Las Vegas. That is, if you love world class dining at elegant restaurants, fun entertainment and perhaps the occasional gambling if you are inclined to feeling lucky. It was my second time in VEGAS, so as you can imagine, I wanted to make the most of our time there and fit in all those things that I didn’t get to do the first time around and then to revisit those places that I loved first time around.
It was a trip full of the most delicious food & drinks and of course lots of shopping and the highlight of the whole thing was definitely my room in the Wynn Hotel! I’m still thinking about that bed!! I absolutely loved the Wynn Resort. It’s elegant, yet intimate – not at all what you might expect on the Strip. Just off Las Vegas Blvd, it has garnered its share of prestigious awards.
- Go to Eat! Las Vegas is known for plentiful buffets. My favourite is in the Buffet at the Wynn but other popular locations are the Carnival Wood & Seafood Buffet, Garden Court Buffet or Cravings Buffet. You will find that just about every hotel on the main strip has a buffet open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are looking for something a little less expensive try a buffet or restaurant on the strip away from the hotels.
- Go Shopping! There is something about hitting the Vegas strip that brings out the shopaholic in me. Again, you will find most of the major hotels have shopping areas. My favorites in terms of variety and medium end to high end choices are Caesar’s palace and Planet Hollywood. If you are looking for more exclusive designer boutiques, head to the Wynn or Palazzo hotels. You can also visit an upscale mall (of course Vegas style with usual things larger than life) by going to Fashion Show Mall. Go to Las Vegas Premium outlets North or South to try and snag a deal. Just remember to leave extra room in your suitcase!
- Go and See a Show! This is a main part of what Las Vegas is all about! If you are looking for a burlesque or cabaret show you will find it here! Cirque de Soleil shows of all types are available at hotels along the strip. Many celebrities make Las Vegas their home to perform for long periods so you can catch Celine Dion at Caesar’s Palace, Britney Spears at Planet Hollywood and Boys II Men at The Mirage. If you can’t get to Broadway you can see Broadway shows such as Jersey Boys at the Paris hotel. I suggest buying tickets for the more popular shows and entertainers in advance. If not, you can purchase on arrival at the box offices of the show hotel or at discounted same day ticket centers along the strip.
- Go the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon! There are many day trips you can take from the strip. I had a desire to visit the Grand Canyon for some time now so I decided that a helicopter trip was definitely the way to go this time. We flew over the Hoover Dam and then went on to the Grand Canyon. I love heights and views so this was the perfect way to get a 360 view of all that it had in store. The whole trip was breathtaking from start to finish and if you want to get an aerial view of the Grand Canyon this is by far the way to go.
- Go Sightseeing and Visit Attractions! There is so much to see in Las Vegas! It is the perfect place for people watching! Whether its men with snakes wrapped around their necks on the strip or the lively pool parties or gamblers screaming at their wins and losses, Las Vegas is a stimulating atmosphere. Go from hotel to hotel and enjoy many free attractions such as the live lions at MGM, pirate shows at Treasure Island, the botanical gardens and the colorful lobby in the Bellagio including the chandelier “Fiori di Como” by glass sculptor Dale Chihuly. Head to the Venetian and watch or ride in the gondolas. At dusk visit the free “Lake of Dreams” at the Wynn Hotel which includes a light show. Hop on a local bus to downtown Las Vegas to Fremont Street. This is where gambling originated in Las Vegas prior to the fancy hotels on the strip. The Fremont Street Experience consists of nightly shows with lights and state of the art sound. And please do not miss my favorite attraction-the “dancing” fountains at the Bellagio!
Have you been to Las Vegas? Are you a gambler or a non-gambler? What did you think? Share your thoughts below!
Glam Meets Girl x